Benx are proud to announce our latest fully tested, KIWA agreement approved system, the direct fix application for External Wall Insulation System (EWI) for framed structures (SFS), masonry or concrete supporting walls. Designed for use in high-rise recladding projects, schools and student accommodation, the system achieves an A1 fire classification to BS EN 13501-1 when using our Enviromin (mineral render) and an A2-s1,d0 fire rating when using Envirosil (silicone render) and Speedy Slip flexible brick slip finish.
With a durability design life of 60 years the system offers unparalleled performance with appropriate maintenance.
Fire rated options range from A1 fire classification to BS EN 13501- to A2-s1 do (dependent on the system)
- Fire rated options range from A1 fire classification to BS EN 13501- to A2-s1 do (dependent on the system)
- EPS system tested to BS 8414
- Systems available for both LSF frame
- KIWA BDA Certified
- Options for compliance with building guarantee companies
- Supports a high level of acoustic performance in through wall construction
- Brick and render options available
We pride ourself on the extensive range of accreditations that we offer with our systems. Due to the vast number of variables options that our systems can provide, it is very difficult to cover every permutation. However, we have one of, if not the most, comprehensive range of certification covering EWI in the market:
Typical System Build Up LSF
- Internal lining
- Lightweight steel frame
- Internal Stud Insulation
- Sheathing board min 9mm.
- Rockwool façade lamella fire break
- Rail system running horizontally and vertically
- EPS polystyrene rail system insulation
- High polymer modified basecoat with reinforcing mesh
- Extensive range finishes available including render, dash and brick options
Direct Fix : Fire Rating
This system incorporates the use of A1 fire rated Mineral Wool Insulation and has a range of finishes to suit project performance and aesthetic requirements with options for fully A1 non-combustible system finishes.
- Enviromin Mineral Render Finish – A1 fire rated
- Envirosil Silicone Render Finish – A2-s1,d0 fire rated
- Speedy Slip Flexible Brick Slip Finishes A2-s1,d0 fire rated
Tested to BS EN 13501
- Lipped hammer fixings have a wider flange than normal hammer fixings making them ideal for securing base tracks, stop profiles and TS Rail supports into...
- Supplied in 50m² rolls (50m long by 1m wide) Benx glass fibre reinforcement mesh is used to add extra strength and impact resistance to basecoats, both...
- Termination bead incorporating a reinforcement mesh wing, generally used in thin coat applications. Apu beads available with removable window protection...
- Full system base beads are used at or above the DPC level to form a horizontal starting point for the insulated render systems. Slightly different in design...