RendaClad has primarily been developed for applying a seamless rendered rain screen system to a timber frame structure, replacing the requirement of building a blockwork facade finished with commodity renders off the critical path. The system reduces overall construction time and cost finished with high performing technology renders or brick / stone cladding perfect for the private and social housing new build sector.
Previously non-proprietary render to board applications have been fraught with problems of cracking and de-lamination. RendaClad provides a low cost solution which is guaranteed not to crack and is able to accommodate the expected settlement and differential movement within timber frame construction.
In addition, silicone render finishes give long term durability and a high resistance to dirt retention and algal spoiling. Resulting in a highly durable render system with a minimum life expectancy of 35 years.
RendaClad has been specifically developed for use on timber frame construction providing a simple solution ensuring a vented cavity is maintained within the wall structure, thereby meeting the requirements of TRADA. Not withstanding this, the system can be applied to any wall structure, lightweight steel frame or masonry construction.
- BBA Approved
- Build with Ease
- Crack Resistant
- Cost Effective
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Extensive Colour Range
- Fully Tried and Tested
- Material and Workmanship Guaranteed
Tried and Tested
The adoption of new systems can often be a daunting prospect. Specifiers are wary of carrying the risk of a trial project. With RendaClad however, these worries can be truly eliminated. Unlike many other claimants, RendaClad is a true system, it is a full facade system made up of many carefully selected components. Not only have these components themselves been rigorously tested individually but also as an entire system that is one of a very few BBA approved system.
RendaClad has been tested at length by a third party accredited test house this allows the system to be specified with confidence and delivered with ease.
- BS476 Part 4 Non Combustible
- MOAT 22
- MOAT 242
- BSEN 10152
Flexibility, wide choice and practicality don't often come together under the same heading. RendaClad can however delivery all three. Its flexibility allows it to be used on almost any structure.
Thanks to its adaptability, its cavity can be changed to accommodate any unevenness in the wall, producing a striking, uniformed finished facade.
Furthermore it is not limited to straight surfaces and can be used to create elegant curves. RendaClad provides a range of aspiring finishes with a virtually limitless choice of render colours along with a variety of brick, stone and timber cladding options.
Render to Timber Frame
It is not essential but TRADA and the NHBC recommended a ventilated cavity behind any cladding system applied to timber frame construction. Traditional methods using Expanded Metal Lath (EML) with a sand and cement render finish saw a mix of three materials (timber / metal / masonry) which expand and contract differently causing the render to crack. Thermal values to meet Part L building regulation standards for new build properties can be met and exceeded within a typical 140mm timber frame structure. To utilise space minimising the overall wakk construction our recommendation is that RendaClad becomes the chosen solution.
- Main Substrate: The substrate can be of timber, metal or masonry construction
- Sheathing Board
- Breather Membrane
- Envirowall Rail System: The unique horizontal ventilated channel is an alternative to your standard timber batten or metal rail. The channel allows for greater air movement throughout the wall and provide more reliable fixing of the board, which can be highly problematic on site with 'creeping' of the more traditional vertical battening.
- RendaClad Board: RendaClad Board is a cellouse/fibre cement board, that is resistant to moisture and humidity changes. It has been specifically designed to be highly dimensionally stable thus providing a robust backing to the exterior finish.
- Base Coat-Granotherm G: A highly polymere modified OP cement. It contains special fillers to impart high levels of adhesion strength and durability with very little shrinkage. It is applied 4 to 5 mm thick incorporating a plastic coated glass reinforcing mesh.
- Reinforcing Mesh
- Top Coat Primer: Supplied colour matched to top coat. Both acrylic and silicone are available
- Top Coat: Can either be an acrylic (Granol KR) or silicone (Granosil) topcoat, both offer high flexibility and a variety of grain sizes
SPSenvirowall value engineering at an early stage assisting in design detailing both standard and bespoke to the building in question. Our abutment/interface detailing will be provided to the contract and under written with our PI insurance providing peace of mind.
For technical information about Wall System 1 Applied to Masonry, you can visit our Technical Resources page or download our RendaClad brochure > Click Here